• ADMINISTRATOR
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,248 posts
  • LocationLouisiana
  • Handicap:0

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:36 PM

evnroll header.jpg

EVNROLL PUTTERS

These precision milled in the USA putters by Guerin Rife feature Evnroll's Sweet Face Technology. "The result is that the ball rolls virtually the same distance from center and off-center hits, meaning that Evnroll putters deliver unprecedented accuracy. That’s why it’s called “Sweet Face Technology.”

face.jpg  putter-roll-comparison.jpg

The BSG Tour Department offers the full line of Evnroll putters which can be customized to your choice of length, loft, lie, grip, head weight, counter balancing, etc.

To inquire about ordering and cost for any customization upcharges, please contact: sales@bombsquadgolf.com

Base Prices:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

ER1 - $329

ER2 - $329

ER3  - $329

ER5 - $359

ER6 Red - $359

ER6 Black $359

ER7 - $359

ER8 - $359

ER1.jpg ER2.jpg

ER3.jpg ER5.jpg

ER6B.jpg ER6R.jpg

ER7.jpg ER8.jpg

#2 Yarra

Yarra

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Handicap:Impatience

Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:25 AM

I think I have seen a similar technology before in a Zen putter.  The difference is that the Zen putter has ridges (claiming the ridges gave pure roll right off the face) instead of grooves and the thickness of the ridge varies, being thickest in the middle and thinner as the spread out.

So, I am assuming this is similar technology (based my observation off the first image) with grooves instead.  If this is the case, it might works wonder too.  Off-center hits really did not deviate that much due to the variable thickness (or in this case depth of the grooves).

Hoss, please correct me if I am wrong and provide more info on the technology?

#3 HossOnMoss

HossOnMoss

BSG OWNER

• ADMINISTRATOR
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,248 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:36 PM

I think I have seen a similar technology before in a Zen putter.  The difference is that the Zen putter has ridges (claiming the ridges gave pure roll right off the face) instead of grooves and the thickness of the ridge varies, being thickest in the middle and thinner as the spread out.

So, I am assuming this is similar technology (based my observation off the first image) with grooves instead.  If this is the case, it might works wonder too.  Off-center hits really did not deviate that much due to the variable thickness (or in this case depth of the grooves).

Hoss, please correct me if I am wrong and provide more info on the technology?

The grooves do give the putter improved launch and spin conditions for better roll as do other grooved face putters, but the key technology here is the change in thickness of the grooves which affects the amount of surface area that is contacted by the putter face and the ball. As you can see in the illustration above, a solid faced putter will have the most ball speed and distance on a center strike as well as the straightest roll. Heel and toe strikes will lose energy at impact causing a shorter roll distance and the dispersion will be wider. With the Evnroll grooves, the thinner groove width in the center vs the thicker grooves towards the outer portion reduces the ball speed so that the ball comes off the face at the same rate if you hit it off the heel, toe, or center. The shape of the grooves also straightens the roll on misses similar to gear effect with a driver so that the ball rolls more on the intended line. The result is more accuracy and better speed control.

The technology in these putters is amazing and 100% legitimate in my opinion. In our own real world testing against other putters, the Evnroll has done exactly what is claimed. For anyone interested in seeing the performance validated, watch the videos below. The first demonstrates solid face putter on center, toe, and heel strikes. The second video shows the results of the Evnroll on center, toe, and heel strikes.

#4 Yarra

Yarra

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Handicap:Impatience

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:14 PM

Understood, Hoss.  Similar technology with a groove instead of a ridge (this is probably because of patent issues).  I can tell you from my own experience that varying thickness on the grooves/ridges works wonder.  I still have my Zen putter to this day and it is hard to find a replacement for it.  Sadly, they are gone.  I might give this one a try.

#5 noodle3872

noodle3872

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:22 PM

All these years I played the ball out of the toe when I wanted a soft roll!  Who knew I should have used the heel!!!

Taylormade M2 9.5° driver with MCA Tensei CK Pro White 60 S Flex
Taylormade M2 Tour 15° fairway wood with MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
Taylormade M2 19° hybrid Ion Plated Kuro Kage Black 90 S Flex
PXG 0311 Xtreme Dark irons 4-PW with Project X 6.0
PXG 0311 Xtreme Dark Forged wedges 50°, 56° and 60° with Project X 6.0
Odyssey RSX V-Line Fang putter
Taylormade TP5x golf ball

#6 HossOnMoss

HossOnMoss

BSG OWNER

• ADMINISTRATOR
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,248 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:48 PM

All these years I played the ball out of the toe when I wanted a soft roll!  Who knew I should have used the heel!!!

Good point! :thumbsup:

#7 Qwagmire

Qwagmire

We are the people our parents warned us about

• *** BLACK OPS ***

• PipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts
  • LocationVentura County, CA
  • Handicap:4.9

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:03 AM

Looking at an ER 7, do we get our choice of grip on these?    e.g. GP Tour SNSR Contour 140cc  

My Rife Deep Blue is old and looking for similar with modern grooves

1019122.jpg

TM Aeroburner 10.5 - GD DI-7  Ping G Long 3 13* - Stock           G30 19* Hybrid - Veylix 988           G30 4-PW, GW w/ PXi           Glide 54*, 58*           Rife Deep Blue 34"

#8 HossOnMoss

HossOnMoss

BSG OWNER

• ADMINISTRATOR
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,248 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:15 AM

Looking at an ER 7, do we get our choice of grip on these?    e.g. GP Tour SNSR Contour 140cc  

My Rife Deep Blue is old and looking for similar with modern grooves

Yes, I can build it with any grip that you would like.

#9 BingHogan

BingHogan

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Handicap:6

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:23 PM

They maybe the best Putters I have ever tried!    I know a little about putters... :rolleyes:

The misses were so close to the hole when practicing that some of the misses fell in anyway.    it was quite remarkable when going back to back with a Bettinardi and that's is saying something...  Bettinardi certainly has the feel with the FIT face but that Evnroll is just undeniably good. 

At the time, they only had a few choices but the EV3 looks like something I could have in the bag!  

I just recently tried the new Ping series of putters, not bad, but I would have to say these are on a level above or maybe two.

BTW -- Your pricing is very competitive since these are quite a bit higher in the Monterey Area.

Just watching The Open and I am amazed on how complicated putters have gotten these days...  Red... Sheesh! 

Bing

Edited by BingHogan, 20 July 2017 - 01:26 PM.

#10 BingHogan

BingHogan

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:29 PM

Have you ever tried hitting the sweet spot???   :D

Sometimes its not where you would think...  

(hanging curve ball)   :D  :D  :D

Bing

#11 BingHogan

BingHogan

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:31 PM

The grooves do give the putter improved launch and spin conditions for better roll as do other grooved face putters, but the key technology here is the change in thickness of the grooves which affects the amount of surface area that is contacted by the putter face and the ball. As you can see in the illustration above, a solid faced putter will have the most ball speed and distance on a center strike as well as the straightest roll. Heel and toe strikes will lose energy at impact causing a shorter roll distance and the dispersion will be wider. With the Evnroll grooves, the thinner groove width in the center vs the thicker grooves towards the outer portion reduces the ball speed so that the ball comes off the face at the same rate if you hit it off the heel, toe, or center. The shape of the grooves also straightens the roll on misses similar to gear effect with a driver so that the ball rolls more on the intended line. The result is more accuracy and better speed control.

The technology in these putters is amazing and 100% legitimate in my opinion. In our own real world testing against other putters, the Evnroll has done exactly what is claimed. For anyone interested in seeing the performance validated, watch the videos below. The first demonstrates solid face putter on center, toe, and heel strikes. The second video shows the results of the Evnroll on center, toe, and heel strikes.

AMEN to That!!!

Not a lot of marketing BS here or Actually none!  Must be a MIT grad...

Bing

#12 chadillac69

chadillac69

BIO/CHEM DIVISION

• IED TECH

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:13 AM

Loving mine since Jan this year!

Driver: Callaway Sub Zero Epic 9* Project X T1100 75 gram 6.5 tipped .5 inch 44.75 inches 3 Wood: Callaway Sub Zero Epic 15* Mitshibishi Tensei White 80 TX tipped 1.0 inch 43 inches Rescue: TaylorMade Rocketballz 18* UST Elements Proto 100MKx tipped 1.5 inch 41 inches Irons: King Cobra Forged Tec 4-Pw / Project X LZ 6.5 Wedge: Cleveland 588 RTG 51 / Project X LZ 6.5 Wedge: Cleveland 588 RTG 56 / Dynamic Gold S400 Wedge: Cleveland 588 RTG 60 / Dynamic Gold S400 Putter: Evnroll ER6 Black 35 inches

#13 Qwagmire

Qwagmire

• *** BLACK OPS ***

• PipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:12 PM

Tried a ER5 this weekend at the local Roger Dunn.  I know that putting green pretty well and was very impressed.  

Price is the only thing keeping me from ordering one, though its worth the price, don't get me wrong, I have a 3 week Florida vacation to pay for this Christmas.   Maybe I can weave it into "additional expense" for the trip

TM Aeroburner 10.5 - GD DI-7  Ping G Long 3 13* - Stock           G30 19* Hybrid - Veylix 988           G30 4-PW, GW w/ PXi           Glide 54*, 58*           Rife Deep Blue 34"

#14 BingHogan

BingHogan

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:07 PM

Tried a ER5 this weekend at the local Roger Dunn.  I know that putting green pretty well and was very impressed.  

Price is the only thing keeping me from ordering one, though its worth the price, don't get me wrong, I have a 3 week Florida vacation to pay for this Christmas.   Maybe I can weave it into "additional expense" for the trip

I would definitely sell a few clubs or even a car to get one of these!   :D

Story:  Driving on my way back from Utah, SLC.  Went by a Uinta Golf and pulled in for a little break. I wanted to see if they had the Mizuno MP 18's.  They did, but some kid was hogging up the hitting bay with

the TM 790's,  Flip Flops on too!  I am already irritated. 

I noticed that they had the Evnrolls in various models and weights. 355 and 370 grams. Tried the ER2 at around 15 feet - ish maybe longer.  Missed off the heel a bit -- ball go in.  Did this a few more times. Ball go in.

Up to about 15 putts -- ALL went in!  Hmmmm.... Tried the mallet at 370 and that was the best one as far as center strikes and weight.  Didn't miss one  and the sales guys were now around the hole. Didn't know about these and were pushing the  Scotty something.  Nice, but you can't make one putt with that antiquated thing.  "Everyone on Tour is using the Spider"  Now really irritated.  

Told them about the technology and told them to watch this from 20 ft.  Off the right, off the left.  Ditto. 

Anyway, the plan is to round out the bag with a ER2 and possibly a mallet in 370 grams.

I probably should get a Rep position with Evnroll! :D

Worth every penny!

Bing

Edited by BingHogan, 18 September 2017 - 09:11 PM.

#15 HossOnMoss

HossOnMoss

BSG OWNER

• ADMINISTRATOR
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,248 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:04 AM

I would definitely sell a few clubs or even a car to get one of these!   :D

Story:  Driving on my way back from Utah, SLC.  Went by a Uinta Golf and pulled in for a little break. I wanted to see if they had the Mizuno MP 18's.  They did, but some kid was hogging up the hitting bay with

the TM 790's,  Flip Flops on too!  I am already irritated. 

I noticed that they had the Evnrolls in various models and weights. 355 and 370 grams. Tried the ER2 at around 15 feet - ish maybe longer.  Missed off the heel a bit -- ball go in.  Did this a few more times. Ball go in.

Up to about 15 putts -- ALL went in!  Hmmmm.... Tried the mallet at 370 and that was the best one as far as center strikes and weight.  Didn't miss one  and the sales guys were now around the hole. Didn't know about these and were pushing the  Scotty something.  Nice, but you can't make one putt with that antiquated thing.  "Everyone on Tour is using the Spider"  Now really irritated.  

Told them about the technology and told them to watch this from 20 ft.  Off the right, off the left.  Ditto. 

Anyway, the plan is to round out the bag with a ER2 and possibly a mallet in 370 grams.

I probably should get a Rep position with Evnroll! :D

Worth every penny!

Bing

TRUTH!!!! :yes:

#16 Qwagmire

Qwagmire

• *** BLACK OPS ***

• PipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 01:59 PM

I've already justified it mentally to order one very soon, just need to figure out how I'm going to hide the expenditure  :thumbsup:

So 370 over the 355?  thats like my only debate.  Tend to play to medium speed greens, but do hit speeds up to 12 at some of the local clubs.

Edited by Qwagmire, 19 September 2017 - 02:01 PM.

#17 BingHogan

BingHogan

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:38 AM

I've already justified it mentally to order one very soon, just need to figure out how I'm going to hide the expenditure  :thumbsup:

So 370 over the 355?  thats like my only debate.  Tend to play to medium speed greens, but do hit speeds up to 12 at some of the local clubs.

That's a tough question...  Same on this end.  I have a few Bettinardis around the 352 and 355 gram but I play them at 36.5 to 37 inch lengths.  

I just recently added weight to get one around 360+.  It changed my speed as my wife will attest to with a few comments. Can't come back with a Piano comment though...

We have mid speed greens which usually have a bit of dampness. (understatement of the year)  

So, a lower loft on the faster greens and 370 might work better, maybe.  

These are amazing putters so my plan is to go with a summer and winter putter.  Lofts of 3.5 to 3.7 for winter and 3.25 degrees for the summer.  

What is it???  Faster greens -- Heavier putters.  Slow greens -- Lighter putters.  Loft is probably more important. 

Look for a few Bettinardis on Ebay later this year. :D

Bing

Edited by BingHogan, 20 September 2017 - 08:42 AM.

#18 Qwagmire

Qwagmire

• *** BLACK OPS ***

• PipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:17 PM

I haven't supported my local golf shop yet this year, I think its going to be a 370gr 34" stock grip ER7.  Still trying to figure out if I can stop by in December for a fitting.

Hard to hide now, but once a 4 week (for me) vacation across the country and 2 weeks at The Mouse start adding up I can hide a new driver and putter.

#19 Golfgod

Golfgod

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Locationmemphis, tn
  • Handicap:a job

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:00 AM

That's a tough question...  Same on this end.  I have a few Bettinardis around the 352 and 355 gram but I play them at 36.5 to 37 inch lengths.  

I just recently added weight to get one around 360+.  It changed my speed as my wife will attest to with a few comments. Can't come back with a Piano comment though...

We have mid speed greens which usually have a bit of dampness. (understatement of the year)  

So, a lower loft on the faster greens and 370 might work better, maybe.  

These are amazing putters so my plan is to go with a summer and winter putter.  Lofts of 3.5 to 3.7 for winter and 3.25 degrees for the summer.  

What is it???  Faster greens -- Heavier putters.  Slow greens -- Lighter putters.  Loft is probably more important. 

Look for a few Bettinardis on Ebay later this year. :D

Bing

3.25.....3.5.....3.7.....Dont think I would be able to tell a difference with a .5 loft variance.  

M1 460 9.5 Fubuki J 60X

M2 16.5 Tensei CK Blue 70X

Adams A2TS 19 Matrix Altus X Metallic Green

Adams Super LS Idea VST 22 Altus X

TM TP MC 4-PW KBS Tour V's 120

TM xFT 52 KBS Hi Rev

TVD-K 58 Black Ion KBS Wedge Black Pearl

#20 Qwagmire

Qwagmire

• *** BLACK OPS ***

• PipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:49 PM

3.25.....3.5.....3.7.....Dont think I would be able to tell a difference with a .5 loft variance.  

me either, going to stick with stock and go from there

#21 BingHogan

BingHogan

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:04 AM

Summer bent grass greens back east --  winter wet Poa greens on the West Coast.  

I just don't want anyone messing with bending them once I have them set to my specs.

Bing

#22 BingHogan

BingHogan

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:07 AM

me either, going to stick with stock and go from there

I let some of my friends try a putter or two during the summer and they can't putt with them during the winter.   Just give it back and try this one...  Too difficult to explain  what loft is...  :D

Bing

Edited by BingHogan, 22 September 2017 - 10:10 AM.

#23 Qwagmire

Qwagmire

• *** BLACK OPS ***

• PipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:36 AM

Well I ordered an ER7.  Wife's gonna kill me with it but at least my eye balls will roll straight!

#24 BingHogan

BingHogan

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:31 AM

Well I ordered an ER7.  Wife's gonna kill me with it but at least my eye balls will roll straight!

That's Great!!!  Hope she only uses it for putting purposes only... :rolleyes:

Going with the ER2 after Yellowstone and Montana trip THEN to Monterey and Spyglass!  No Pebble Beach for me.  BS place.

Bing

#25 Qwagmire

Qwagmire

• *** BLACK OPS ***

• PipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:50 PM

Hitting Yellowstone and maybe Glacier next Summer if I get wife's permission.   I'd love to move up there but I'm too old to chop wood, and I'd probably give up golf just cause there is so much to see

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Evnroll, Putters, Guerin Rife