HossOnMoss

BSG OWNER

• ADMINISTRATOR
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,249 posts
  • LocationLouisiana
  • Handicap:0

Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:05 PM

The Ping G400 has been bringing the heat on Trackman lately!!! Had a fitting today and the player picked up 14 yards of carry with an optimal landing angle as well. Ball speed increased nearly 3 mph, raised launch, and lowered the spin significantly. Anytime you have a negative attack angle, that is a hard thing to do from a fitting standpoint. With the right shaft setup and the G400, it was no problem at all. :smilie_ping:  :thumbsup:

#2 BingHogan

BingHogan

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Handicap:6

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:58 AM

Thanks Marcus, this is what I've been hearing!

Ping now has all the shafts in stock for demo fittings, etc., and I tried a G400 in their upgraded shafts.  Really nice flight and turned it over without the SFT probably due to the smaller head side.  Swing speed jumped up by a couple of points with a shaft at 45.25.  Not bad.  

The thing I noticed watching some of the fittings is that they start out hitting an X manufacturers club and eventually gravitate to the G400 which is almost as long, 2-3 yards difference, but really straight and  consistent in length and side dispersion and they sound great!

I also noticed that  the length of other drivers on the market  that they are now  beyond the 46 inch mark.  

This is why the G400 is now moving a head of the graphite infused driver in sales.  Thats what they tell me anyway.

My friend had Ping customized with digital lofting and adding a bit of draw bias to the standard G400.  

Just my thoughts...

Bing

Edited by BingHogan, 29 September 2017 - 09:01 AM.

#3 Qwagmire

Qwagmire

We are the people our parents warned us about

• *** BLACK OPS ***

• PipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts
  • LocationVentura County, CA
  • Handicap:4.9

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:41 PM

keep that in mind if I get to swing by in December.    I'll try not to show up recovering from a torn leg muscle this time.

TM Aeroburner 10.5 - GD DI-7  Ping G Long 3 13* - Stock           G30 19* Hybrid - Veylix 988           G30 4-PW, GW w/ PXi           Glide 54*, 58*           Rife Deep Blue 34"

#4 BingHogan

BingHogan

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Handicap:6

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:17 PM

keep that in mind if I get to swing by in December.    I'll try not to show up recovering from a torn leg muscle this time.

I think you will be impressed.  We don't need no damn 460 drivers!  :D

Just have to loft down a bit.

Bing

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ping, G400, Custom Fitting