Qwagmire

We are the people our parents warned us about

• *** BLACK OPS ***

• PipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts
  • LocationVentura County, CA
  • Handicap:4.9

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:08 PM

Dropped it first time out while sitting in cart, quit working, Bushnell wont honor warranty.  May have fallen 18 inches to 2 feet?

Don't buy one.  My V2 has been bounced around for a long time and no issue.  Bushnell just lost a customer.   :censored2:  :censored2:  :censored2:  :censored2:

TM Aeroburner 10.5 - GD DI-7  Ping G Long 3 13* - Stock           G30 19* Hybrid - Veylix 988           G30 4-PW, GW w/ PXi           Glide 54*, 58*           Rife Deep Blue 34"

#2 BingHogan

BingHogan

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Handicap:6

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:47 AM

Dial -- 1 800 - Leupold.  Beaverton, Oregon.  :D 

Bing

#3 TWshoot67

TWshoot67

RICKIE FOWLER...CLASS ACT!

• *** BLACK OPS ***

• PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Handicap:3

Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:45 PM

Dial -- 1 800 - Leupold.  Beaverton, Oregon.  :D 

Bing

+1 I've had same problem with the #1 range finder so I bought what I feel is the #1 rangefinder Leupold and when I had an issue with Leupold not picking up the flag, they said send it in less the case and we'll take a look at it. Well they sent me the newest model G4Xi2 for my original G4Xwithout any questions at all. Great company customer service.

Driver: Cobra Z Fly + 10.5 W/ Aldila Rouge 125 LE R tipped

Tour Issue TM M2 10.5* w/Mitsubishi Tensi Pro Blue S

Tour Issue TM M2 15* 3-Wood w/GD DI7 S

Tour Issue TM M2 DF 16.5* w/GD DI7 S

Tour Issue TM M2 18.5* w/ GD DI8 S

Irons: Cobra S3Pro w/Aldila RIP Tours  Reg. SLT 115

Cobra Pro CB/mb 4-pw w/Mitsubishi OTi 100 Prototype 

Wedges: Vokey Prototypes 54*, 56*,58*

Putter: SC 009

Ball: TM TP-X or Titleist Pro V1X

tigerswag.gif

#4 BingHogan

BingHogan

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:07 PM

+1 I've had same problem with the #1 range finder so I bought what I feel is the #1 rangefinder Leupold and when I had an issue with Leupold not picking up the flag, they said send it in less the case and we'll take a look at it. Well they sent me the newest model G4Xi2 for my original G4Xwithout any questions at all. Great company customer service.

I have used quite a few of their scopes and binoculars and they are of great quality and service!

I wouldn't rely too heavily on a Bushnell Scope high up in Montana if the choice was between them and Leopold.  

They actually allowed me to fire a few rounds with the .460 Rigby a few years ago down in their range in Beaverton testing one of their scopes!

Bing 

#5 Qwagmire

Qwagmire

• *** BLACK OPS ***

• PipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:54 AM

my 300 Weatherby has a Leupold on it.

Just got off the phone with Bushnell, its against their warranty to fix anything that is dropped.  so Bushnell just lost a customer.

TM Aeroburner 10.5 - GD DI-7  Ping G Long 3 13* - Stock           G30 19* Hybrid - Veylix 988           G30 4-PW, GW w/ PXi           Glide 54*, 58*           Rife Deep Blue 34"

#6 BingHogan

BingHogan

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:19 PM

my 300 Weatherby has a Leupold on it.

Just got off the phone with Bushnell, its against their warranty to fix anything that is dropped.  so Bushnell just lost a customer.

They probably lost a few more after reading this!

A Weatherby man -- Nice!  

I have a few Sakos myself.  

Bing

#7 Righty to Lefty

Righty to Lefty

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas
  • Handicap:5.4

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:34 AM

Is it me but have range finders become ridiculously expensive?  I paid 174 bucks brand new for my Bushnell V2 and now I don't think you can get one for under 300 bucks!! I hope mine doesn't tap out anytime soon!  But then again the longer it survives the more expensive they will become I suppose !! 

Driver: Cally XR16 Pro Tensei Pro White X Flex

3 Wood Cally XR16 Pro  Fujikura Evo II S Flex
2,3,4: Nickent 3DRX Hybrids Kuro Kage Proto 100X
Irons: Miura LH Cavity Backs KB Tour C Tapers X Flex
Wedges: Edel Wedges 51*,55*,59* KBS Tour X Flex
Putter: Odyssey 2 Ball Tank Putter
Ball: Wilson FG Tour X

#8 BingHogan

BingHogan

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:38 PM

Is it me but have range finders become ridiculously expensive?  I paid 174 bucks brand new for my Bushnell V2 and now I don't think you can get one for under 300 bucks!! I hope mine doesn't tap out anytime soon!  But then again the longer it survives the more expensive they will become I suppose !! 

Yeah, that's why I don't use one!  $299 to $399 -- no thanks.  

And the quality is not that great, either.  

It looks like golf is going towards the high end dollar buyer.   I think $500 to $600 for an off the shelf driver is ridiculous or  just wait a year and a half.

I am playing a Mizuno Driver with supposedly a $350 shaft.  Really?  

Just a thought on what TM will do to counter the Epic series...  

Bing

#9 Qwagmire

Qwagmire

• *** BLACK OPS ***

• PipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:08 PM

Yeah, that's why I don't use one!  $299 to $399 -- no thanks.  

And the quality is not that great, either.  

It looks like golf is going towards the high end dollar buyer.   I think $500 to $600 for an off the shelf driver is ridiculous or  just wait a year and a half.

I am playing a Mizuno Driver with supposedly a $350 shaft.  Really?  

Just a thought on what TM will do to counter the Epic series...  

Bing

For me they didnt have to do anything.  I have a friend with very similar fitting requirements and I hit both his Epic and my M2 with the DI-7 shaft.  In 3 rounds we did this, the Epic has trouble going the same distance as the M2, let azlone going farther, plus I tended to overcook the draw way too many times with it.   

I'm done with $400 lasers, my ancient GPS wtill works fine, and my V2 is back in play.  

#10 HossOnMoss

HossOnMoss

BSG OWNER

• ADMINISTRATOR
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,249 posts
  • LocationLouisiana
  • Handicap:0

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:43 AM

That's surprising to hear because myself and others that I know have received excellent customer service. I can understand not warranting damage from abuse, but they should be able to withstand a short drop and particularly when brand new. We've all had ours fall or go flying out of a cart a some point and most of the time without issue. Hard to imagine it not withstanding that and them not covering it.

#11 Qwagmire

Qwagmire

• *** BLACK OPS ***

• PipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:54 PM

That's surprising to hear because myself and others that I know have received excellent customer service. I can understand not warranting damage from abuse, but they should be able to withstand a short drop and particularly when brand new. We've all had ours fall or go flying out of a cart a some point and most of the time without issue. Hard to imagine it not withstanding that and them not covering it.

I was stunned they didn't honor it.  Apparently the word "drop" and the unit not getting power means instant return to customer or offer him a new one for $325.    I really liked it too.