• PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida
  • Handicap:8

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:39 PM

Spy pics!

This will replace the current M2!

M4Driver2.jpg

What's in Bobcat's Bag?.  (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)

Driver: TaylorMade 9.5* SLDR-C 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (tipped 1/2")

Fairway: TaylorMade Tour issue V-Steel 15* 3W - 43.25" Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Hybrid Fairway: TaylorMade Rescue Fairway 15*  Fujikura Vista Pro 90 Stiff Shaft 

Hybrids: TaylorMade 19* (3H) & 22* (4H) Rescue-Mid TP's - Fujikura VP-90 Stiff

Driving Irons: TaylorMade TP UDI's  16* (#1) & 20* (#3) - C-Taper Lite  110 Stiff 

Irons: TaylorMade 2015 SLDR Irons  (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Flex
Hybrid Wedges: Cleveland Niblicks (42* PW, 49* DW, 56* SW) - Stock Steel Shafts

Wedge: Cleveland CG-16 58*/8* Black Pearl (SW/LW) - Stock Steel Shaft

Putter: Bettinardi BBX-81 Blade - 35" Stock Steel Putter Shaft

#2 BingHogan

BingHogan

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Handicap:6

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:41 AM

Spy pics!

This will replace the current M2!

attachicon.gifM4Driver2.jpg

Very BMW ish.

I wonder if a new BMW M4 will come with it as an option...  HAHA!

Very interesting...

Thanks for the pics!

Bing

#3 HollyWoods

HollyWoods

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:29 PM

Will this replace the M1 or M2? I’m assuming M2.

#4 HollyWoods

HollyWoods

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:33 PM

When will BSG get your heads in of the M4?

#5 HossOnMoss

HossOnMoss

BSG OWNER

• ADMINISTRATOR
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,273 posts
  • LocationLouisiana
  • Handicap:0

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:31 AM

Will this replace the M1 or M2? I’m assuming M2.

This is the M2 replacement.

When will BSG get your heads in of the M4?

I don't know for sure as of yet, but my guess would be around the end of January.

#6 enelrojo

enelrojo

BIO/CHEM DIVISION

• IED TECH

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:28 PM

I hope TaylorMade will drop the "Hammerhead" branding.

#7 HossOnMoss

HossOnMoss

BSG OWNER

• ADMINISTRATOR
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,273 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:06 AM

I hope TaylorMade will drop the "Hammerhead" branding.

Why? I think that it's fitting and descriptive of the function as well as the look of the technology.

#8 BingHogan

BingHogan

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:24 AM

What difference does it make if it performs well?   Jailbreak is better???   EPIC?  Michael Jordan Golf Shoes? You have to have a "marketing" hook. How bout the SWOOSH.  Just Do It...  

The idea is to sell clubs,  stay in business and make a profit by innovating or doing something better than your competitors.  

Hammerhead with Twist Face... Interesting...    I like it!

Bing

#9 TWshoot67

TWshoot67

RICKIE FOWLER...CLASS ACT!

• *** BLACK OPS ***

• PipPipPip
  • 3,087 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Handicap:3

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:28 PM

What's got me is this twist face tech. Can't wait to see one of these heads in person to see what its all about.

Driver: Cobra Z Fly + 10.5 W/ Aldila Rouge 125 LE R tipped

Tour Issue TM M2 10.5* w/Mitsubishi Tensi Pro Blue S

Tour Issue TM M2 15* 3-Wood w/GD DI7 S

Tour Issue TM M2 DF 16.5* w/GD DI7 S

Tour Issue TM M2 18.5* w/ GD DI8 S

Irons: Cobra S3Pro w/Aldila RIP Tours  Reg. SLT 115

Cobra Pro CB/mb 4-pw w/Mitsubishi OTi 100 Prototype 

Wedges: Vokey Prototypes 54*, 56*,58*

Putter: SC 009

Ball: TM TP-X or Titleist Pro V1X

tigerswag.gif

#10 BingHogan

BingHogan

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:03 AM

What's got me is this twist face tech. Can't wait to see one of these heads in person to see what its all about.

If its more accurate on toe hits, great!  

What about an open face toe hits???  

Looks like TM has a real winner!

Bing

#11 Texsport

Texsport

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• *** BLACK OPS ***

• PipPipPip
  • 12,632 posts
  • Handicap:Handicap?We don't need no stinkin' handicap!

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:14 AM

Bing

My first thought too Bing. May be great for good players, but high handicappers may run out of balls in the right trees.

Texsport

"The top selling beer in America is Bud Light, followed by Budweiser, Miller Light, Coors Light, Natural Light. We are officially feminized."---Joe Soucheray 2/17/12

This discussion is a perfect illustration of what I constantly tell my wife - you can never have enough golf clubs, guns, cameras, or lenses! Whenever I tell her that, she quickly adds diamonds to the list! - Texsport

"That girl can make a dog break his chain!" - Justified 2015

#12 HossOnMoss

HossOnMoss

BSG OWNER

• ADMINISTRATOR
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,273 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:48 AM

Bing

In theory, that would be an issue. In reality, that doesn't occur as most would think. The more that you deliver the face with an open face angle, the less toe ward the strike is and vice versa. A great deal of off center hits are caused by face angle and not a shift in the club's plane or path. So, a closed face heel strike or an open face toe strike aren't really something that you have to worry about for all practical purposes.

The easiest way to think of it is a shank. It's pretty damn hard to hit the hosel with a closed club face. The cause of 99.9% of hosel rockets is an open club face.

#13 BingHogan

BingHogan

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:54 AM

My first thought too Bing. May be great for good players, but high handicappers may run out of balls in the right trees.

Texsport

Right!  Just watching Jordan Speith last evening hooking a ball 90 yards to the left.  Immediately thought about the Twisted Face.  

Just wondering if it would have mitigated the large hook and  Maybe been in play.

For me, my misses are rarely to the right.  Last month, I ruined a round by hitting the toe draw/hook two times.  One in the Monterey Pine trees and one out of bounds.  

I think for the better player, this maybe the "holy grail" of drivers.  

This should be interesting!

Have a Healthy and Prosperous New Year Tex!

Bing

Edited by BingHogan, 05 January 2018 - 11:55 AM.

#14 Texsport

Texsport

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• *** BLACK OPS ***

• PipPipPip
  • 12,632 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:35 AM

Bing

Best wishes for a healthy and happy New Year to you and yours!

Texsport

"The top selling beer in America is Bud Light, followed by Budweiser, Miller Light, Coors Light, Natural Light. We are officially feminized."---Joe Soucheray 2/17/12

This discussion is a perfect illustration of what I constantly tell my wife - you can never have enough golf clubs, guns, cameras, or lenses! Whenever I tell her that, she quickly adds diamonds to the list! - Texsport

#15 BingHogan

BingHogan

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:16 AM

In theory, that would be an issue. In reality, that doesn't occur as most would think. The more that you deliver the face with an open face angle, the less toe ward the strike is and vice versa. A great deal of off center hits are caused by face angle and not a shift in the club's plane or path. So, a closed face heel strike or an open face toe strike aren't really something that you have to worry about for all practical purposes.

The easiest way to think of it is a shank. It's pretty damn hard to hit the hosel with a closed club face. The cause of 99.9% of hosel rockets is an open club face.

That makes sense!

Looking forward to trying the M3 out.   And with a Ti Fiber shaft -- even better!

Bing

#16 Texsport

Texsport

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• *** BLACK OPS ***

• PipPipPip
  • 12,632 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:15 AM

I'm talking about those toe-hit blocks when you get ahead of it with your body and can't square up the face.

But, then again, these may be the very shots helped by the wavy face - ?

Texsport

Edited by Texsport, 08 January 2018 - 09:16 AM.

#17 HossOnMoss

HossOnMoss

BSG OWNER

• ADMINISTRATOR
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,273 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:48 PM

I'm talking about those toe-hit blocks when you get ahead of it with your body and can't square up the face.

But, then again, these may be the very shots helped by the wavy face - ?

Texsport

I'm not saying that it's impossible to impact the toe with an open face, but it's an extreme shot and completely non-functional impact which no technology or club is going to help. Any player who produces a shot that extreme is going to have a disastrous outcome regardless. Your typical off center strikes from heel to toe are caused by the face orientation at impact due to the toe lead on a closed face or the heel lead on an open face. Imagine how the club would impact the ball with an open or closed face assuming a path that is 0° (straight down the target line).

You have to consider the path of the club head as well that will typically accompany such a shot because the face angle in itself only dictates the starting direction the face to path relationship along with gear effect is causing the curvature. In the worst scenario for a strike off the toe with an open face, you are likely going to have a more outward path which depending on the face angle is likely going to cause a big knuckling hook. Twist Face would certainly help that shot. For an under the plane, stuck, in-to-out path that delivers a face so open that it's right of the path as well causing a shot that is a big block or push cut, that's simply such an extreme and unplayable impact that no club is going help. 

Bottom line is, you are still going to be able to hit a poor or even terrible shot with this new technology. At a certain point though, you have to be able to swing the club somewhat competently in order to take advantage of the tech.  :7: 

#18 Texsport

Texsport

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• *** BLACK OPS ***

• PipPipPip
  • 12,632 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:19 AM

Agreed - but the stuck/block is the most common miss for a lpt of good players.

Just wondering if the technology will create an automatic O B drive when that swing is made.

I guess only individual testing will tell.

Texsport

#19 BingHogan

BingHogan

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:58 PM

POPULAR

I happened upon a UK site in which the M3 was tested by an amateur player on Youtube.   Consistent swing and all balls were fairly accurate to center for a 95 mph ish player. 

There was one toe miss to the right which went around 290, assuming yards.  He said he had hit it off the toe.  Well beyond anything he has ever hit before.  

So, maybe the high toe. square or slightly open is a high knuckle to the right and long which is better than the hard top spin forehand to the corner.  

Looking forward to trying both the M3 and M4.  

Bing

#20 Texsport

Texsport

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• *** BLACK OPS ***

• PipPipPip
  • 12,632 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 06:34 PM

I tried the M3, M4, and new Wilson Staff C300 drivers yesterday.

Clear winner was the Wilson - feel at impact, direction and distance - at least with the shafts and regular sized grips available.

None were close to knocking my Rogue out of the bag. I'm sure my own shaft and grip had something to do with the results-

Texsport

Edited by Texsport, 17 February 2018 - 06:54 PM.

#21 BingHogan

BingHogan

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:35 PM

I tried the M3, M4, and new Wilson Staff C300 drivers yesterday.

Clear winner was the Wilson - feel at impact, direction and distance - at least with the shafts and regular sized grips available.

None were close to knocking my Rogue out of the bag. I'm sure my own shaft and grip had something to do with the results-

Texsport

Hi Tex,

Anything Wilson is doing must be seriously considered from balls to clubs!

I just saw the new TM offerings and they look really impressive, however the M4 looks a little more inviting.  Maybe the taller face.  It's on the list.

Right now, I am doing my own driver comparison and just haven't been able to find anything as straight or as long as my gamer, the MIzuno JPX Tour.  

I have been demoing a Ping G400 but ... something is not quite right.  Misses are right and hard to turn over but the shaft just does not work for my swing.     Other than that its perfect... :rolleyes:

Trying a different shaft for irons, TT Project X LZ vs. Aerotech Steel Fiber, both excellent!

Anyway, looking forward to testing the  Wilson driver.

Should be Fun!

Bing

Anyway, it should be a great year for golf!  

#22 Texsport

Texsport

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• *** BLACK OPS ***

• PipPipPip
  • 12,632 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:05 AM

I like the Wilson Staff irons with Aerotech shafts also.

Very long and controllable.

I've also been hitting a club previously owned by Champions Tour player Gene Sauers. It's a couple of year old Tour Edge F2 PRO Limited Edition 3 wood, with a Speeder 757 EVO 7.1 shaft.  The search for a better 3 wood never ends, and this one is long and easy to hit.

Texsport

Edited by Texsport, 27 February 2018 - 07:12 AM.

#23 BingHogan

BingHogan

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 02 March 2018 - 03:31 PM

I like the Wilson Staff irons with Aerotech shafts also.

Very long and controllable.

I've also been hitting a club previously owned by Champions Tour player Gene Sauers. It's a couple of year old Tour Edge F2 PRO Limited Edition 3 wood, with a Speeder 757 EVO 7.1 shaft.  The search for a better 3 wood never ends, and this one is long and easy to hit.

Texsport

Hi Tex!

I play a Tour Edge Pro 17 degree and its a very good club.  Small head which is about perfect.  Incredible out of the rough.  The rails or foils work very well although you have to clean them occasionally. Thinking about looking into Aerotech fairway shafts and making a "sales call" near their plant in Washington.

A new found gem;  Mizuno Fli Hi.  Saved a round a few weeks ago since no one could get a ball off the tee in 30 mph winds.  Used the 5 iron and moved to the 4.  Which I had the 2 iron.  

Something is wrong when an old fart can hit a 5 iron around 215+!  Impressive!!!

As far as putters this year, I am a bit disappointed in the new Vaults.  Had to really punch it there to get them close to the hole during testing.  Possibly a loft issue, with  too much head weight.  Maybe too soft.  

Seems like you know a lot of Senior players...  Gene Sauers -- nice guy!!!  

Right now golf is off the table, Tax Time, and the weather isn't helping at all.  Actually a nice break, except the tax part.  Putting is dialed in and the short game is getting closer.  Noticed a slight vision change which really affected anything under 100 yards...

So, are you going to stay with the Cali Epic this year?   I have seen the Rogue and it looks really good!  I guess with Callaways new products in the past year and a half, sales and stock prices are really moving up!  A buy on CNBC! :D   Must be doing something right...

Later, going for a conditioning walk between showers...

Bing