• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Texsport

Texsport

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• *** BLACK OPS ***

• PipPipPip
  • 12,660 posts
  • Handicap:Handicap?We don't need no stinkin' handicap!

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:24 PM

I've been noticing Champion Tour players with The Cure putter.

Gene Sauers, Peter Senior, Steve Jones, and now Jerry Kelly has won 3 times with a CX1 model.

I'm using a CX2 with great results.

Anyone else?

Texsport

Edited by Texsport, 08 February 2018 - 02:31 PM.

"The top selling beer in America is Bud Light, followed by Budweiser, Miller Light, Coors Light, Natural Light. We are officially feminized."---Joe Soucheray 2/17/12

This discussion is a perfect illustration of what I constantly tell my wife - you can never have enough golf clubs, guns, cameras, or lenses! Whenever I tell her that, she quickly adds diamonds to the list! - Texsport

"That girl can make a dog break his chain!" - Justified 2015

#2 Righty to Lefty

Righty to Lefty

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas
  • Handicap:5.4

Posted 09 February 2018 - 01:37 AM

Cure putter are proven to work and have real technology in them. A shame that most people think that the look of a putter is what makes putts though as that has been proven to be false. 

Driver: Cally XR16 Pro Tensei Pro White X Flex

3 Wood Cally XR16 Pro  Fujikura Evo II S Flex
2,3,4: Nickent 3DRX Hybrids Kuro Kage Proto 100X
Irons: Miura LH Cavity Backs KB Tour C Tapers X Flex
Wedges: Edel Wedges 51*,55*,59* KBS Tour X Flex
Putter: Odyssey 2 Ball Tank Putter
Ball: Wilson FG Tour X

#3 BingHogan

BingHogan

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Handicap:6

Posted 09 February 2018 - 06:02 PM

Gene Sauers, Peter Senior, Steve Jones, and now Jerry Kelly has won 3 times with a CX1 model.

Anyone else?

Texsport

Hi Tex!

What loft and lie do you have on the CX2? 

It looks like they have a Pro Series which looks interesting.

Right now I am rolling a Evnroll and a couple of Bettinardi's.  Weighted a bit.

I had a Ping Doc 15... could never get that thing flat enough but it was a great long range putter but way too light

Thanks for the information!

Bing

#4 Texsport

Texsport

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• *** BLACK OPS ***

• PipPipPip
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:38 PM

Bing

My CX2 Cure is 70* lie and I play it with all the weights in - 384 grams  - 2.5* loft.

It's point-and-shoot.

Texsport 

Edited by Texsport, 09 February 2018 - 07:40 PM.

"The top selling beer in America is Bud Light, followed by Budweiser, Miller Light, Coors Light, Natural Light. We are officially feminized."---Joe Soucheray 2/17/12

This discussion is a perfect illustration of what I constantly tell my wife - you can never have enough golf clubs, guns, cameras, or lenses! Whenever I tell her that, she quickly adds diamonds to the list! - Texsport

#5 BingHogan

BingHogan

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:20 AM

POPULAR

Bing

My CX2 Cure is 70* lie and I play it with all the weights in - 384 grams  - 2.5* loft.

It's point-and-shoot.

Texsport 

Thanks Tex,

I like the idea of adding or subtracting weight on the perimeter of the putter which doesn't really affect MOI that much,  etc.

There are a couple of places in Portland that have them and it looks like they have  a B60 shape which I still believe is the best putter I have ever used.

My friend, aka,  the big hitter, has gone back to his TM Nubbins putter, good grief!  I let him try one of my Bettinardis yesterday with the Garsen Grip and a couple of Forged Yes putters and I just chuckle...  Old Dog, New tricks or putters!

Drivers and Putters... it never stops!

Bing

#6 Bigskydog

Bigskydog

BSG Insider

• *** BLACK OPS ***

• PipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 01:44 PM

POPULAR

Anyone else?

Texsport

Sweet Jesus!  There's another putter that I can look into!  

I've got putter commitment issues!

-T

#7 HossOnMoss

HossOnMoss

BSG OWNER

• ADMINISTRATOR
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,276 posts
  • LocationLouisiana
  • Handicap:0

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:39 PM

Sweet Jesus!  There's another putter that I can look into!  

I've got putter commitment issues!

-T

I'll throw another one at you then....Directed Force. Very legitimate technology if you can get past the looks of it like the Cure putters. 

#8 Texsport

Texsport

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• *** BLACK OPS ***

• PipPipPip
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:45 PM

Directed Force looks like its worth a look-see!

Texsport

#9 Bigskydog

Bigskydog

BSG Insider

• *** BLACK OPS ***

• PipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:39 AM

I'll throw another one at you then....Directed Force. Very legitimate technology if you can get past the looks of it like the Cure putters. 

Already have one!  

I've really gotten to like counter balanced putters, so I keep moving away from it, but when I struggle, I like going back to it.  To be honest, I had more putting stroke issues than I thought I did, which had me benching it last time.  I always keep going back to it.  

I don't mind the looks of it at all.  The feel is really outstanding, which surprised me the most. It's such an underrated putter.  I wish more people gave it a run.  

-T

#10 Righty to Lefty

Righty to Lefty

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas
  • Handicap:5.4

Posted 25 February 2018 - 08:50 AM

I had no idea that you could ramp the headweight all the way up as high as 615 grams on the RX5 putter...I might have to do some further investigation myself!!

Driver: Cally XR16 Pro Tensei Pro White X Flex

3 Wood Cally XR16 Pro  Fujikura Evo II S Flex
2,3,4: Nickent 3DRX Hybrids Kuro Kage Proto 100X
Irons: Miura LH Cavity Backs KB Tour C Tapers X Flex
Wedges: Edel Wedges 51*,55*,59* KBS Tour X Flex
Putter: Odyssey 2 Ball Tank Putter
Ball: Wilson FG Tour X

#11 BingHogan

BingHogan

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:22 PM

POPULAR

I had an opportunity to try the Cure RX2, not sure if that is correct... But its is one easy putter to align and roll.

Very impressive and nice feel but that is one Big Putter!

During my latest travels to California, I tried the new Ping Vault 2.0 and have a serious love affair with the new ZG!  This isn't good... Since adjusting my BB37 with a little more loft and flattening the lie a touch, putting on the first day on fast greens was automatic.

That small little ZG is probably going in the bag later in March, so simple to align with a micro dot and the ability to add or subtract weight.  

Feel is really soft, maybe a bit too much if thats possible,  with the new balls.  Using the Stone Tour BXS. 

Anyway, You can't have enough putters and drivers!

Bing

#12 Texsport

Texsport

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• *** BLACK OPS ***

• PipPipPip
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:55 AM

Bing

I agree with the "cant have enough drivers or putters" comment!

The Cure CX2 has, however, considerably curtailed my testing of other putters.

I use it with a Bobby Locke setup (works better for alignment being left eye dominant), but with left hand turned as far around to the left as I can, and left thumb on left side of grip. From there I use a Walter Hagan tip - "squeeze the left fingers to start the backswing", then use a pop stroke with back of left hand leading.

Magical combinations!

BTW - I've gone away from the pure Runyan chipping/pitching style - back to Phil Rodgers Runyan based variation. My favorite shot in golf is the Rodgers flop shot - I hit it with a SW from rough and a 62* or 64* Tour Trusty from good lies.(I alternate the 62 and 64 depending on the course)

Texsport

Edited by Texsport, 06 May 2018 - 06:57 AM.