Golfgod

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Locationmemphis, tn
  • Handicap:a job

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:39 AM

Whats the scoop on the version released for retail?  Is it a White that is counterbalanced?  Besides being able to make the driver longer what benefits does counterbalanced provide?

2017 M2 10.5 Tensei Pro White 60TX

M2 16.5 Tensei CK Blue 70X

Adams A2TS 19 Matrix Altus X Metallic Green

Adams Super LS Idea VST 22 Altus X

TM TP MC 4-PW KBS Tour V's 120

TM xFT 52 KBS Hi Rev

TVD-K 58 Black Ion KBS Wedge Black Pearl

#2 HossOnMoss

HossOnMoss

BSG OWNER

• ADMINISTRATOR
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,278 posts
  • LocationLouisiana
  • Handicap:0

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:25 AM

Yes, Tensei Pro Orange is a counter balanced Tensei Pro White. The counter weighting allows for either a longer length or heavier head without increasing swing weight or to lower the swing weight with the clubs current specs. 

What I have seen with most players who test the Pro Orange is an increase in ball speed, slightly higher launch, and slightly less spin.

#3 Golfgod

Golfgod

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Locationmemphis, tn
  • Handicap:a job

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:06 AM

Are most people going with a longer shaft or heavier head?  I play the White currently and I have played the Fubuki J before.  I didnt think the stiffness of the White would work well with me but I have been pleasantly surprised.  I was interested in the Orange back with it was just a prototype.  Its a tough investment to make just to experiment.   

2017 M2 10.5 Tensei Pro White 60TX

M2 16.5 Tensei CK Blue 70X

Adams A2TS 19 Matrix Altus X Metallic Green

Adams Super LS Idea VST 22 Altus X

TM TP MC 4-PW KBS Tour V's 120

TM xFT 52 KBS Hi Rev

TVD-K 58 Black Ion KBS Wedge Black Pearl

#4 HossOnMoss

HossOnMoss

BSG OWNER

• ADMINISTRATOR
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,278 posts
  • LocationLouisiana
  • Handicap:0

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:57 PM

Are most people going with a longer shaft or heavier head?  I play the White currently and I have played the Fubuki J before.  I didnt think the stiffness of the White would work well with me but I have been pleasantly surprised.  I was interested in the Orange back with it was just a prototype.  Its a tough investment to make just to experiment.   

Most of the builds that I have done with it are at the same length as whatever the player previously used. So in order to maintain swing weight, most I would say are slightly increasing head weight. You could also try it without adjusting the head weight and allowing it play at a lighter swing weight. Because the total weight hasn't really changed and it's just a shift in balance point, some players actually hit it better this way. It all depends on the individual.