BingHogan

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Handicap:6

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:18 PM

First of all, I hope you all had a great golf season and Congratulations to Rick on that superb win at his Club Championship!

I am considering how to avoid knee replacement surgery but I think the inevitable may be required.  I didn't play much golf this year, probably a hand full of rounds due to the left knee. 

I have talked to a lot of guys, not golfers however, who have had the knee replacement surgery and all say its worth the pain and agony for a month but they didn't play golf.

So, I was wondering if any of you had or knew anyone who had this surgery. 

I am going down to the Carmel/Monterey area next week and NOT taking the clubs.  Call CNN and FOX!

Please let me know what your outcome has been and if you recommended it or not.

Thanks!

Bing

#2 rfdegen

rfdegen

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationWeston, WI
  • Handicap:3.0

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:47 PM

Bing: I've not had any surgeries, just logging in to wish you the best, whatever route you choose! My Dad used to say "It's hell getting old" and I'm starting to figure out what he meant. 

Our golf season is over. The courses all closed 1-2 weeks ago. We have snow now. 25*, north wind, today. Up to a foot forecasted for tonight in some areas. I'll be firing up the snowblower in the morning.

My last round was two weeks ago. 6 of us teed off, playing two man best ball and total for a little cash. I shot 42 on the front in a steady drizzle, 31 on the back after being able to discard the rain gloves. We dug ourselves too deep a hole on the front and went home with the wallet a little lighter. 

Good luck!

Titleist 915D3 9.5*, Diamana Blue 60 stiff
Titleist 915F 15*, Aldila Rogue Silver 70 stiff
Titleist 915H 18*, Aldila Rogue Black 85 stiff
Titleist 714AP2, 4-PW, KBS Tour stiff
Titleist, SP5 wedges, 50-12F, 54-14F, 58-11K, KBS Tour stiff
Ping Craz-E 35", Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip
Titleist ProV1

"Got my gun, got my dog, killed something today. Life is good."

#3 milehighgolfer

milehighgolfer

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationBeech Mountain
  • Handicap:1

Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:17 AM

I have several friends that have had knee replacement and continue to play golf free of pain. Only one has had any issues following the procedure, but, he continues to play.  I'm quite sure he ddn't stick to the therapy schedule once he was released and supposed to be doing it on his own. Eveyone else has said it was worth the pain during recovery.