kbs tour versus ZZ65 shaft... characteristic differences

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 yams

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:06 PM

I have been playing Ping irons (I3 Blade) w/ZZ65 shafts for many years;and am about to order new Titleist AP2 irons, was thinking of going with the kbs tour shafts after reading all the great reviews. Unfortunately I will not have a chance to hit them prior, so will be going off of my gut feeling unfortunately.

I am ASSUMING the bbs tours will launch a bit lower (and I realize were talking a different head as well), with less spin than the ZZ65, but what about "feel". I have to say, I do like the "feel" of the ZZ65 in terms of "kick". Not sure if any of this makes sense (of course it does in my mind, lol), and am just trying to get a sense of what I could expect. I have hit last years AP2 w/ PX 5.5 shaft and did not dislike it, but did not get the same "feel" as the ZZ65. thought maybe the kbs tour would be more of what I am looking for.

I should add...part of what got me thinking about this is that I put a kbs hybrid shaft into a 3iron replacement hybrid, and love it, so I thought maybe the iron shafts would be similar.

Thanks in advance for any insight you may have, and I completely understand this is a very subjective topic, sorry!

Edited by yams, 08 March 2010 - 01:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users