The King Of Swing

BIO/CHEM DIVISION

• IED TECH

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBOSTON
  • Handicap:6

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:23 PM

This thing seems to be takin the golfworld by storm. Got 1 in my driver love it. Lowered my ballflight, hitting more fairways & awesome feel.

#2 MSaternus

MSaternus

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:51 AM

I've yet to hear anything bad about them, other than the price. They do have a 30 day money back guarantee, FWIW.

#3 The King Of Swing

The King Of Swing

BIO/CHEM DIVISION

• IED TECH

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBOSTON

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:40 AM

Is there any player on any tour around the world using one??

$150.00!!! Pretty hefty price!

They are around $99.99 installed from a dealer who has the tools to put it in. I saw it on another website over 20,000 views & like 600 comments players seem to like em'

#4 The King Of Swing

The King Of Swing

BIO/CHEM DIVISION

• IED TECH

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBOSTON

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:41 AM

Is there any player on any tour around the world using one??

$150.00!!! Pretty hefty price!

BTW what tour is it U play on ?

#5 The King Of Swing

The King Of Swing

BIO/CHEM DIVISION

• IED TECH

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBOSTON

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:06 AM

Wow, with them being that much, I'm out.

Lookin at the list of what U play seems like another $99 wouldn't put a dent. Looks like around $3500 to me

#6 The King Of Swing

The King Of Swing

BIO/CHEM DIVISION

• IED TECH

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBOSTON

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:08 AM

Never heard of this thing before this thread. Don't know any pro that is using one either.

What if I already have excellent dispersion, trajectory and awesome feel with my current
driver setup...what would I need this thing for??

Does SST PURE need to worry about being put out of business? :D

Guess if it's not TOUR ISSUE or MATRIX it doesn't work.

#7 The King Of Swing

The King Of Swing

BIO/CHEM DIVISION

• IED TECH

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBOSTON

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:31 AM

It appears this thing works nicely in stock shafts and weaker tip shafts. Not a lot of guys trying it. Maybe a couple dozen or so.

I did read one review from a guy who has a TP7HD. Said it didn't improve the already great performance of that high end shaft.
Said it added a bit of heft to it and he was worried about shoving the insert into the hexagon shaft.

This might be something that could be appreciated by guys using lighter, softer tip shafts in longer lengths.

I've put it in 2 Whiteboards 1 in a 63s & 1 in a 73x both guys love them and the guy with the 73 is a 2.2hdcp with 118ss. it does not work in a Matrix Hex shaft or The Voodoo. I've sold at least 2dz all differant flexs & skill levels have not had any 1 say they didn't like it. Harrison has sold over 1000 in the last month can't keep them in stock. 1 store in FLA sold 20 in 1 day. BTW after 20yrs in buisness I can tell U that 90% of golfers don't need a shaft as tip stiff as a WB

#8 Shankapotomus

Shankapotomus

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:37 AM

POPULAR

I am not going to say it doesn't work because I have only read about it on the internet. After reading the comments, it sounds like it helps with dispersion with lower end shafts. From my years of shaft hoing, I have only seen dispersion problems with mid to low end shafts. If the Shotmaker improves dispersion by 40% and it is truly noticeable, you were probably playing the wrong shaft.

#9 gmetcalf18

gmetcalf18

BIO/CHEM DIVISION

• *** BLACK OPS ***

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:23 PM

well this thread turned out to be 100% helpful... Someone offers up a product with people on here have admittedly never heard of before, allowing them to at least check it out and then gets bashed because no one on tour uses it... that probably has something to do with the guys on tour get ANY shaft they want, they have it built to their liking where they don't need an insert. Ive never used the Harrison shot maker and I don't plan on trying it because I like my RIPs how they are but there's no need to bash consistently. If you don't agree I don't even see the need for a post, but at most say you're skeptical and leave it at that.
TaylorMade SuperTri TP 9.5* Aldila RIP Alpha 70X
TEE CB2 16.5* UST Avivcore Tour Red 89X
TaylorMade Rescue TP ('07) 19* X100
TEE CNC Forged 3-PW X100
Scratch 1080 53* KBS Tour
Scratch 1080 58* KBS Tour
TaylorMade Kia MA Rossa TP Fontana

#10 apprenti23

apprenti23

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:37 PM

Just called there and am looking to get one ordered up ASAP

#11 SouthShoreRob

SouthShoreRob

BSG Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 3,089 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • Handicap:Moment of Impact

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:50 AM

POPULAR

Lookin at the list of what U play seems like another $99 wouldn't put a dent. Looks like around $3500 to me

You have no idea what I paid for my equipment. Furthermore, it's none of your business.

Bottom line, I've got the best shaft made that's been properly fitted to my swing and my tendencies by the best custom club fitters in the industry. I'm already receiving the performance I desire, so my perceived value of this product doesn't match the price. I'm not going to pay for something I don't need. Plain and simple.

You might try throwing out some honey instead of vinegar to pitch your product. You'll probably do better. ;)

TaylorMade M1 10* Driver w/Fubuki J 70
TaylorMade AeroBurner 16.5* 3HL w/OBAN Revenge

TaylorMade Tour RBZ "P" 19.5 5-wood w/Matrix OZIK Code 8
TaylorMade Tour RBZ "P" 18.5* Hybrid w/OBAN Revenge
TaylorMade RSi UDI 4/5-Irons w/Nippon Modus3 Tour 120
TaylorMade RSi2 6-Iron thru AW w/Nippon Modus3 Tour 120
TaylorMade Tour xFT 54/56* w/DG Spinner Wedge+
TaylorMade Monza Spider 38-inch w/Winn Pistol Grip
TaylorMade TP5x Golf Ball
TaylorMade SLDR Tour Bag

Life is short-don’t save good bourbon. Share it with good friends...

twitter%202.png@SouthShoreRob

#12 roho

roho

DEMOLITION DIVISION

• IED TECH

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Handicap:14

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:46 AM

Any tour usage yet?

Harrison doesn't have a presence on the tour. I'd try checking grip ends and look for the butt plug. There may be some that aren't telling since they aren't be paid to use it.

#13 Awalkspoiled

Awalkspoiled

BIO/CHEM DIVISION

• IED TECH

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:14 PM

Please, no one is bashing anything. Give it a rest. These kind of posts are more annoying than an actual bashing post. :Iconrolleyes:

Just trying to find out how the shotmaker can improve the performance of an already high performance shaft. Tour usage
is important because it is an indication that the product is useful at the highest levels of golf and golf equipment. There's
nothing bad about questioning a products application at all levels of play. The shafts I use are the best made, so I want to
hear from a pro, like me, that has used one in a high end shaft and say they experienced a significant improvement in their
shotmaking consistency. I don't think that's too much to ask.

it doesn't help a tip-stable shaft nearly as much as it will some of the less substantial offerings, but what it WILL do is allow you to use a marginally too-soft stick without losing control. For me, this is cool, because otherwise at my age the shaft I load perfectly on 1-9 is often wearing me out by 18.

It doesn't have a PGA Tour presence yet, but they're recruiting pretty heavily as you might imagine, concentrating on strong players with poor driving accuracy, according to my insider contact. They do have a substantial following with their prototypes among longdrivers, although the production LD flex is just now being released.

#14 slick

slick

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, MB
  • Handicap:Hehehe...I'm not telling!!!!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:43 PM

Just my .02, a buddy of mine (+1 hcp) installed it his 3 woods and noticed a difference immediately. i'm going to order one for sure. I need all the help I can get. And seriously, we pay $400 for a shaft, and yet whine over a $99 insert. :Icondrunkards:
X2HOTPRO/HOFPROTO

#15 Hotlisted

Hotlisted

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire UK

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:57 PM

Petter has asked pertinent questions. I play Matrix Hex shafts so unfortunately will not be able to test this but I am intrigued.. The shafts I play have extensive technology to achieve the same objectives as the HSM. A HD8 has 2.2 deg of torque and is unbelievably accurate anyway. Dropping the spin and trajectory further combined with the additional static counterbalanced shaft weight & associated increase in MOI does not really appeal tbh. I appreciate the concept is likely to work well for those who's shafts may not be optimised for their swings.

I also wonder what effect these will have on the shaft and whether they may cause premature failure around the HSM 'compression seal' inside the shaft tip.

Edited by Hotlisted, 23 August 2011 - 05:59 PM.

WITB

R9 Tour Issue Supertri 45.5" Driver 9.6 with Matrix HD6 or TP6HD, R underline setting SST Pured
R9 Tour Issue 43" 3W Matrix HD8 Black Tie Stiff,R underlined, & R7 3W ALE Tour Issue Epic FW for a higher flight
R7 5W TP NV 85 Stiff W 87g Stiff
TM RAC 2004 Miura Tour Issue combo set 3-P with swirls KBS Tour 5.5s Irons SST Pured
Miura 51deg Satin PX 6.0
RAC 2004 Miura Y cutter 55 Satin PX 6.0
Vega 59 all custom grinds Satin PX 6.0
+ Two VEGA RAF 05 custom grind wedges 55/59deg with DG Spinner shafts for hard summer greens
Scotty Newport II Studio GSS or Odyssey 2 ball original

Pro V1 or Pro V1X

#16 icemakr

icemakr

DEMOLITION DIVISION

• IED TECH

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:02 PM

I appreciate the concept is likely to work well for those who's shafts may not be optimized for their swings.

I hooked up with a club-builder friend of mine at his shop the day he got in these "Shotmaker"s. My current setup is not what you'd see on this board, a TM Burner 2.0 HT (13* loft) with a Diamana Whiteboard. I've been struggling with too little spin problems. Anyway, my setup works for me. On a Flightscope it says I'm at or beyond optimized for my SS (101-104)

Anyway, I took 50-60 swings with and without the "SM" and we had the Flightscope compare the results. Based on distance, or dispersion the test with the E flex "SM" came out the best. The Launch Angle, SS and the side spin all stayed the same. Even the backspin was only slightly less <5%. The biggest differences were in the Smash factor (W/O SM I was consistently 1.45-6 and with the SM 1.48-9) and in turn ball speed. The Flightscope also measured the dispersion as (22 yards circle) w/o SM and incredibly (9 yards) with the SM. There is something to this device. I couldn't say for sure it's worth $99 for everyone but I got one and my driving is better. Really its that my misses are better. The one's where I don't catch the center of the face.

The horrible swings are still bad but the not so good swings are better and in turn I think I'm hitting it a little farther because I don't worry about the misses.

My $.02

#17 keithm

keithm

DEMOLITION DIVISION

• IED TECH

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:59 AM

it doesn't help a tip-stable shaft nearly as much as it will some of the less substantial offerings, but what it WILL do is allow you to use a marginally too-soft stick without losing control. For me, this is cool, because otherwise at my age the shaft I load perfectly on 1-9 is often wearing me out by 18.

It doesn't have a PGA Tour presence yet, but they're recruiting pretty heavily as you might imagine, concentrating on strong players with poor driving accuracy, according to my insider contact. They do have a substantial following with their prototypes among longdrivers, although the production LD flex is just now being released.

It does help any shaft. It is not a tip stiffener, it reduces ovaling. If (and its a big IF) you could add enough material into a shaft to prevent ovaling it would render the shaft virtually unplayable due to stiffness. Because this insert is not attached to the inner wall of the shaft it does not effect stiffness in any noticable manner and yet it goes a long way towards eliminating ovaling (aka shaft deformation) I have installed them in seniors drivers and pro long drivers with positive results in EVERY installation. Its incredibly simple and it definitely works.

Edited by keithm, 27 August 2011 - 09:00 AM.

#18 fastmc

fastmc

BIO/CHEM DIVISION

• IED TECH

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA, USA

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:21 PM

Harrison Announces Shotmaker Tour Plan

Golfers around the world are beginning to understand and experience Shotmaker's ability to notably improve scoring. One question that inevitably follows is whether Harrison Sports plans to launch the product on the tour. Up to this point, we have responded to this legitimate question individually, but we feel it is time to state publicly our position with clarity and certainty.

At the present time, we have no plans to offer the Shotmaker to any tour player until the majority of the tour players are well informed of the Shotmaker's intended purpose and capabilities and have an ample amount of time for testing and evaluation.

We strongly encourage all of our dealers to respect the present performance balance on tour and refrain from actively marketing the Shotmaker to any tour player. Harrison Sports is constantly monitoring the global impact of the Shotmaker and its performance results. Our tentative plan is to launch it on tour no earlier than the 2013 tour season.

First and foremost, as an equipment manufacturer, we must respect the spirit of the game. It is golf that we owe our existence to, and therefore, it is our duty to preserve and sustain it for generations to come.

Golfers everywhere have demanded more models to increase Shotmaker's compatibility. To address this issue, we offer to share freely Shotmaker's compatibility specifications with any interested golf shaft makers so that they have necessary information to make compatible golf shafts.

In addition, we are pleased to announce that Harrison plans to introduce two new insert models at the 2012 PGA Show. With these additions, more golfers will be able to experience the dramatic performance enhancement that the Shotmaker is known for.

#19 swisstrader

swisstrader

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:09 AM

I never quite understood the "tell me who uses it on tour" arguments. There are loads of great ideas, innovations, products and otherwise that are more of a grass roots effort that gain a cult like following as you can see from the wrx boards and then come on tour. I play Epon 502's and I love the number of uneducated comments I get from people who say "nice, but no one on tour plays those things".

#20 fastmc

fastmc

BIO/CHEM DIVISION

• IED TECH

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:33 PM

Our primary concern actually came from the opposite direction.

Because the Shotmaker works so well, we have every reason to be concerned about the performance balance on tour.

Most Shotmaker users would agree that it has the capacity to dramatically influence the outcome of a tournament. Therefore, the responsiblity is upon us to make certain all players on tour have a reasonable opportunity to get to know the Shotmaker and to decide for themselves whether this is something they want to carry in their bag. Not until then will we consider making it available and supporting it on tour.

As an equipment maker, we see it as our responsibility to sustain the spirit of the game for generations to come.

Tour usage validates equipment performance at the highest level of golf. What's not to understand?

Maybe this product's performance enhancement is better geared for golfer's of lesser ability. It just
might not make that much of a performance difference for top players who use the best shafts in
the world. And that's perfectly OK.

#21 Shambles

Shambles

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:37 PM

Tour usage validates equipment performance at the highest level of golf. What's not to understand?

Maybe this product's performance enhancement is better geared for golfer's of lesser ability. It just
might not make that much of a performance difference for top players who use the best shafts in

That only counts in an honest game. Sponsorships and incentives have a way of affecting opinions.

Shambles

#22 dave 316

dave 316

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Locationeast brunswick nj
  • Handicap:8.2

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:53 PM

Oh, come on now. You don't have to be worried about that. Let the USGA decide if your product should be illegal.

There's a simple way for you to prove the Shotmaker's performance benefits. Put one in Tiger's driver. If he starts
hitting 10 fairways per round and wins a bunch of tournaments, every golfer on the planet will want one. You'll be
rich beyond your wildest dreams. It's an incredible opportunity staring you right in the face. ;)

Petter, I agree 100%!!! I asked this question on the other forum. If a player has an optimized fitting head shaft combo, then gets his spin reduced by using shot maker, he is no longer optimized. He loses distance. Fact! Now if the loss in distance somehow creates a huge increase in fairways, i will stand corrected. I will believe in this product and buy one if you PROVE IT TO ME! How you ask? I own a Trackman. My driver is optimized to me. You come to me, or I will fly to you. I bring my swing, my optimized driver , and my Trackman. You fit me with shotmaker, and if my launch and spin stay optimized, and on all my good swings the ball goes only where I'm aimed, I'm in. If not, this is nothing more than snake oil. On a final note, If this did what it says, every tour player making a living swinging a golf club would have them already. There is not a tour player in the top 100 not using the lastest advances in tech to get an edge. Sorry!

#23 dave 316

dave 316

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Locationeast brunswick nj
  • Handicap:8.2

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:56 PM

^^^^ I don't doubt for a minute that with the wrong set up driver, this is a good band aid, instead of another blind 400.00 for a new off the rack driver to try. In that application prob does as advertised

#24 fastmc

fastmc

BIO/CHEM DIVISION

• IED TECH

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:48 AM

Independent Shotmaker robot tests were conducted by the Golf Labs in Carlsbad, and these tests were measured by Trackman.

Since its introduction, we have consistently advocated fitting the Shotmaker via a dynamic fitting process. As a result, great majority of the Shotmaker are now sold through clubfitters equipped with launch monitors. Countless satisfied golfers have posted their results online in forums everywhere.

Edited by fastmc, 08 October 2011 - 11:13 AM.

#25 swisstrader

swisstrader

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:18 AM

So let me see if I understand your line of thinking. Any equipment not used by a tour pro is not valid or will not work?? Have you used the product that you can come to such conclusions about it's effective, or just going with the "if it's not used by pros, blah, blah, blah"?

A lot of ppl on these forums including yourself are not pros, but I respect their input and have learned a great deal about golf as a result. Should I discount what they say because they are not pros?