#1 dgordo11

dgordo11

BIO/CHEM DIVISION

• IED TECH

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:16 PM

I'm gonna be getting the R11s TP here pretty soon I just have a few shaft questions. I was wanting to know if anyone here could give me an idea as to how the RIP Phenom compares to the RIP Beta and the Gamma. I'm also considering the Kai'li but if there's not a significant difference between that and one of those three shafts then I'd prefer not to spend the extra $75 for it. My swing speed is in the 105-110 range and up until this point I've never had anything more than a stock shaft in my driver. I usually use a Stiff flex and am also debating on an extra stiff to get a little bit more control. I got to hit the R11s TP the other day with the Phenom shaft in it. Wasn't really hitting well that day but the one shot that felt decent had a launch angle of 14.3 a spin rate of 2700 and a total of 292 with my ball speed at 159. I felt the launch and spin were good but I'm wondering if any of the other shafts I mentioned could maybe bring that down a little bit more or if thats in the realm of being lowered by adjusting the driver head. But some input on those shafts would be much appreciated.
TM R11s TP 9º-45"-RIP Phenom 65 Stiff-FCT:7.5º ASP: C+ MWT: 1gm=toe 10gm=heel
TM Rescue 11 18º
TM TP MC 3-PW (KBS Tour)
TM TP xFT 52º, 56º, 60º
TM Corza Ghost 35"
Ball: TM Penta TP

#2 milehighgolfer

milehighgolfer

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationBeech Mountain
  • Handicap:1

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:22 PM

Unless you are in a hurry I'd check the thread on tour issuehigh end equipment for the Mitsubishi Kuro Kage that Marcus posted. It amy be a good match for you.

#3 dgordo11

dgordo11

BIO/CHEM DIVISION

• IED TECH

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

Unless you are in a hurry I'd check the thread on tour issuehigh end equipment for the Mitsubishi Kuro Kage that Marcus posted. It amy be a good match for you.

Looks sweet but this is a purchase that will likely be made in the next few days.
TM Rescue 11 18º
TM TP MC 3-PW (KBS Tour)
TM TP xFT 52º, 56º, 60º
TM Corza Ghost 35"

#4 golfpro504

golfpro504

NUCLEAR ORDNANCE TECH

• IED TECH

• PipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

Phenom to me is a mix between the RIP Beta and Alpha, to me the Alpha is boardy kinda yet I love it in hybrids and enjoyed the 60 in the driver until I tried a 70 Beta in a driver. I think it is all about the weight and if you want something that is smooth or something you can just go after as hard as you can every time. I personally enjoyed the Alpha in 60 grams and Beta in 70 grams in the driver. I have not hit the Phenom in a driver but I have the 70 gram in a RBZ Tour 14.5 fairway wood and love it. I need a little more launch out of my fairway woods as it is something I struggled with off the deck for sometime. I played the Beta 70 in my SF 2.0 last year and I am really enjoying the Phenom right now, it has the smoothness and the kick of the Beta, yet less spin and a more penetrating flight from the Alpha side of the RIP series without the boardy feel if that makes any sense? There are quite a few in play on tour right now with alot of guys hitting the Phenom 50 believe it or not.... try it out, it can't hurt, if it does hurt then I am sure Marcus has plenty of adapters laying around to throw on the newest shafts to hit the market ;)

Edited by golfpro504, 14 February 2012 - 09:31 PM.

Under Construction......

#5 dgordo11

dgordo11

BIO/CHEM DIVISION

• IED TECH

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:45 PM

Thanks bud that helped a lot. I was thinking of doing that anyway. I guess that's one of the nice things about the R11 is you can buy a shaft and just put a tip on it and you've got 2 different golf clubs. But does anyone know anything about the Gamma?
TM Rescue 11 18º
TM TP MC 3-PW (KBS Tour)
TM TP xFT 52º, 56º, 60º
TM Corza Ghost 35"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users